Thursday, June 27, 2013

LAUGHTER is an instant vacation

You know, sometimes life just gets too serious...too busy...and too complicated. We don't mean for it to happen, but we wake up one morning to discover the fun has slipped away.

A few years ago a health study determined there are 3 main reasons people can't cope in life:

    1. They live in the past.
    2. They have a low self-esteem.
    3. They can't laugh at themselves.

In fact, the study indicated that we need approximately 12 laughs a day to stay healthy!

I heard a story not long ago about a guy who sent flowers to his friend who was opening a new restaurant. When he arrived at the grand opening, he looked for his flowers. Well, when he found them, he saw that he had sent a white wreath that said, "May you rest in peace." He panicked, of course, and called the florist who said, "Bob, I'm not worried about you because as we speak, there's a guy being buried who got a dozen roses that said, "Good luck in your new location!"

Ah yes...life throws us curve balls when we least expect it! And sometimes, just to stay sane, we need to sit back and laugh!


1. Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your children.
  Sam Levenson
2. If you look like your passport photo, you're too ill to travel.
  Will Kommen
3. My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.
  Dave Barry
4. My doctor is wonderful. Once, when I couldn't afford an operation, he touched up the x-rays.
  Joey Bishop
5. Last night I dreamed I ate a ten-pound marshmallow. When I woke up, my pillow was gone.
  Tommy Cooper
6. I'm not going to vacuum 'til Sears makes one you can ride on.
  Roseanne Barr
7. If you love something, set it free. Unless it's chocolate. Never release chocolate.
  Renee Duvall
8. The most remarkable thing about my mother is that for 30 years she served us nothing but leftovers. The original meal has never been found.
  Calvin Trillin
9. I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
  Rodney Dangerfield
10. My husband wanted one of those big-screen TVs for his birthday. So I just moved his chair closer to the one we have already.
  Wendy Liebman
11. I have an aunt who married so late in life that Medicare picked up 80 percent of the honeymoon.
  Don Reber
12. My grandmother is over eighty and still doesn't need glasses. Drinks right out of the bottle.
  Henny Youngman
13. Inside me there's a thin person struggling to get out, but I can usually sedate him with four or five cupcakes.
  Bob Thaves
14. I have enough money to last me the rest of my life—unless I buy something.
  Jackie Mason

No comments:

Post a Comment