Thursday, July 21, 2016

No arms, no legs, no problem

"I was eight years old, and I did want to end my life. I felt hopeless. Broken. Alone. It's like it was pointless. There was no point to my life."

That quote is from Nick Vujicic – a man with no arms and no legs. More importantly than what he doesn't have though, I'm interested in the thing he seems to have that eludes many of us: long term happiness.

With that in mind, let's consider this: If a eight year old boy who wanted to die – because he had no arms and no legs – could find happiness, is it possible that we could as well? If so, what would it take?

I thought long and hard about what I would write to you today. How could I begin to even answer that question? It would take pages, perhaps even a book or series of books. Then I realized... some questions are better answered in a different way. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so what might a video be worth?

I am sure you will be touched just as I have been... by this incredibly inspiring 5-minute video of Nick sharing a bit about his life, as well as showing off a few things he can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment