Thursday, May 23, 2013

Burnt Toast is not a deal breaker

A story by a girl.
"When I was a little girl, my mom liked to make
breakfast food for
dinner every now and then. And I remember one
night in particular when
she had made breakfast after a long, hard day at
work. On that evening
so long ago, my mom placed a plate of eggs,
sausage, and extremely
burned toast in front of my dad. I remember
waiting to see if anyone
noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his
toast, smile at my mom,
and ask me how my day was at school. I don't
remember what I told him
that night, but I do remember Watching him smear
butter and jelly on
that toast and eat every bite!
When I got Up from the table that evening, I
remember hearing my mom
apologize to my dad For burning the toast. And
I'll never forget what he
said:
'Baby, I love burned toast.'
Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night
and I asked him if He
really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in
his arms and said,
'Debbie, your Momma put in a hard day at work
today and she's real
tired. And besides-a little burnt toast never hurt
anyone!' You know,
life is full of imperfect things.....and imperfect
people.
I'm not the best housekeeper or cook.
What I've learned over the years is that learning
to accept each other's faults
- and choosing to celebrate each other's
differences - is the one of the
most important keys to creating a healthy,
growing, and lasting relationship.
And that's my prayer for you today. That you will
learn to take the
good, the bad, and the ugly parts of your life and
lay them at the feet
of GOD. Because in the end, He's the only One who
will be able to give
you a relationship where burnt toast isn't a
deal-breaker! We could
extend this to any relationship in fact - as
understanding is the base
of any relationship, be it a husband-wife or
parent-child or friendship!! "

"Don't put the key to your happiness in someone
else's pocket but into
your own."

No comments:

Post a Comment