Friday, May 18, 2018

Novena to Mary Help of Christians - Day 4




FOURTH DAY:

Show thyself our Mother by taking our voice to the One Who deigned to be born for us, from you.  

 PRAYER: O Mary, my most sweet Mother, you who are Queen of Martyrs, through so many heroic acts of courage and fortitude, which you performed on earth, deign to instill in my heart the necessary strength to always serve you. Help me to despise human respect, and fulfill all my religious duties openly and without shame; may I remain your devout child at all times, even unto death.

Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be…
Hail Holy Queen…
Mary, Help of Christians, Pray for us.

 A SHORT BIBLICAL READING:

“And seeing him, they wondered. And his mother said to him: Son, why have you done so to us? Behold your father and I have sought you sorrowing.” (Luke: 2, 48)

With what admirable kindness Mary admonishes her lost Son found in the temple. It is a beautiful example to parents. Children grow in wisdom, stature and grace before God and men when they receive the good example of their parents. In raising my children, I promise to always practice patience, prudence and seriousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment