Wednesday, February 20, 2013

40 Days of Lent - Day 7


One week into our fasting and praying, we begin with a true story from John:
Eileen,
This morning I arrived at 2 Perlman Drive and parked with the motor running while I unloaded and carried the signs and banners across the street to the prayer sight. I put up the flags and the 40 Days For Life banner. I stuck the Our Lady of Guadalupe sign on top of the snow (ice) pile and set up my two large signs. Before I could put up the other signs, I noticed that the landlord of 2 Perlman Drive had arrived at his parking lot. I dropped the rest of the signs in a pile, walked to my car and drove it away. I parked at my customary spot down the end of the street. As I walked back, I noticed that there was this large man feverishly trying to pick up the pile of signs. I thought that he was trying to steal them. I started to walk faster and tried to get my phone out of my pocket to call the police. It was then that I realized that he wasn't trying to steal the signs at all. While he was holding the pile of signs with one large arm, he was, unsuccessfully, trying to stick a sign into the frozen ground with the other. When I approached him and said that he couldn't stick the signs into the ground, he became very agitated. He thought that I was forbidding from putting up the signs. When I told him that these were my signs and that there were only certain places that they would go into the ground, he became peaceful. He told me that his name was Mike and that he was from Cuba. He choked up and told me that he was responsible for five abortions. I told him my name, shook his hand and told him that God is very forgiving. He said that when he saw the pile of signs on the ground as he drove by, he thought that they needed to be put up so that everyone could see them. He left for an appointment at the employment office next door. An hour later he drove out of the parking lot, rolled down his window, waved, and we exchanged "God bless you".
 
Tracey show us their is a JOY in doing God's work~


 
Each sacrifice Matters-
Each prayer is heard-
You are making a difference.
God Bless You For Your Wonderful Witness To and For LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment